Sunday, December 23, 2018

Onwards from Amman to Jerusalem....

 I decided to cross the border from Amman to Jerusalem by the King Hussein/Allenby bridge This actually is much easier to do than it would seem from reading reviews of doing so!
I was picked up early in the morning from my hotel in Amman, which is about an hour from the border.  One has to take a special transfer bus to actually cross the bridge, which is stopped numerous times en route...
Then I was picked up on the Israel side.......
I had decided to stay in the American Colony hotel in Jerusalem as it is old and charming...
.....and has had many illustrious guests, which is what brought it to my attention....


 ....plus it is within easy walking distance to the Damascus Gate.

I was a little taken aback on going through the Damascus gate to find a very bustling city within.....


Some market areas were covered....... 

The streets were very narrow in parts... many with steps... leading to driving problems!
I decided to be patient here and not try to pass!
...and then at the top it opened up!


The walk back to the hotel was interesting.... before visiting I had not realized that Jerusalem was a totally walled city!

No comments:

Post a Comment