Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Exploring Cusco.......

The breakfast area at the Hotel Monasterio .....
 opened to the larger courtyard...... the original cloister !


We were going to visit the Cathedral late morning so I decided I needed to go off on my own and explore the area first!
I had heard that the San Blas area which was close by was an artistic area and it piqued my interest!

It was unfortunately uphill from the hotel!


But on reaching the top it opened to a nice square..... with a view.....

 In need of a coffee and a rest I tried a local coffee house.......I was the only one there.... it was early!



It was rather colorful.....

 Locals were dotted around...with their llamas... waiting for tourists!


 Going downhill was a little easier...
 ..but this corner was a little tight for a car.......
At the bottom near the hotel was the old Calle Hatunrumiyoc.... where stones from the Inca palace were used as foundation for buildings built by the Spaniards. It has a 12 sided stone built into that wall..... I have lots of photos of this wall for the full extent of the street....but ended up without the 12 sided one!! I really did try to find it!


No comments:

Post a Comment